Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Giving and Weakness 2 Corinthians

As I sit here to type this morning, 3 out of 5 of my family is vomiting and sick.  The suffering that we experience often is the weakness that points us to the Lord.  I know that through the last year, with Wayne's and William's hospital/Dr visits and my pains, it has done just that; on my face asking and praying to the Lord.  When I finished 2 Corinthians today, I just sat a little numb.  I ask the Lord each day to write his word on my heart.  Not only allowing me to read it in it's entirety, but etching for life.  So, that when it is needed it can spring forth from me.  Paul was such a strong man in Christ.  He believed with all his heart and endured so much; imprisonment, beatings, etc.  If he tells me that in those weakness, we are made strong in Christ, then I should take that knowledge.  In Chapter 12 he said, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness,' There fore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  that is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, than I am strong."  I know that God doesn't strike us down and he surely doesn't give us pain, but I think he allows these things (like Job) to come in our lives to prune us and prepare us for the fire that will test who we've been.  I only pray that through this life here on earth, as I wait patiently for my Abba to come and get me, that I will fill my life with things that will strengthen my spirit to withstand the fire. 

Money has always been such a issue in this house.  I remember tithing each week and then Wayne coming to church (which at that time was far and few between), which he yelled the entire time about giving our money away.  I can boast in the Lord, as Paul says we should, for the miraculous change that has taken place.  It has taken 6 years, 2 lost jobs, and 3 hospital/surgeries, but Wayne has witnessed what the Bible talks about.  Where would we be without Him and what we reap, we will get in return.  "Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.  Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work" 2 Cor 9:6-8.  He has stood on this promise, we are witnesses.  We have had nothing monetarily, but God miraculously has given us food, clothes, shelter.  Not even the birds worry about these things, right?  What freedom to live in that truth.  I do pray that we "will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given."

Lord, thank you for your truth that inspires me to keep on going on.  My weaknesses have been so uplifting in my life.  To experience them may have been a little painful, but the outcome to be closer to you has been amazing. You are my strength Lord.  You Love me more than anyone on this earth could imagine.  Lord I pray that I will show you the same Love back and that all that I do is not wasted, but for your glory and can with stand the fire.  I pray that as a family that we are cheerful givers.  Come into our lives and encourage us to be what you need us to be, so that the lost can be reached, the poor can be helped, and the orphans can find love in you.  Thank you Lord for all that you have given and have held back.  I continue to pray that I can show your Love to my children and family, as if they were strangers.  The sickness that is sweeping over our home is not welcomed and I say in the name of Jesus that it is gone, leaving our house as I type this.  In the name of Jesus, I pray all these things, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment